Promoting a blog, business or e-commerce website is a task that requires considerable skill and knowledge today. The online marketing landscape is ever changing with newer trends coming up everyday. Many methods that worked yesterday are obsolete today, while new ones are yielding results. In order to maximize results from campaigns, businesses now have to be proactive in their efforts. It is crucial to take informed decisions in order to get ahead of competitors.
Renowned digital marketing consultant David Justin Urbas provides guidance for businesses looking to explore profitable marketing strategies. Let us look at some of his tried and tested online marketing tips.
Result Driven Online Marketing Tips For Businesses
1. Local is Important – If you are trying to promote your physical, stores, shops or service centers, it is important to create quality local search campaigns. For local businesses, gaining more visibility and recognition over rivals can be the difference maker. Local search campaigns can attract large groups of potential customers to your store.
2. Social is Fundamental – Businesses who want to grab the attention of target audiences in a big way, must go social. This entails more than just creating a few social pages and leaving them lying dormant. Social channels like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and others should be front and center of your promotional strategy.
Everyone is spending a lot of time on social media sites today, and that’s where they’re making a lot of purchase decisions too. Maintaining social pages, posting interesting content and running quality paid campaigns can multiply your potential.
3. Encourage interactivity – If you are trying to advertise a business online, you have to improve the customer experience. It is important to encourage interactivity through your web, E-commerce or social pages. Whether it’s asking customers about their experiences, feedback or a rating system. This will lead to more customer engagement and make people gain more trust in your brand. That is required in order to run result oriented online marketing campaigns.
4. E-mail is not dead – Many businesses now tend to overlook e-mail as a viable online marketing method. That is a mistake as others are still gaining a considerable amount of conversions through email marketing. Innovative email campaigns can still entice customers to follow through and make that purchase.The content needs to be more personalized and the approach not cold at all. Newsletters and promotional mails can give you results, if they’re implemented with precision.
5. Segregate and target – We’re all aware of the four main customer types i.e. impulsive, need-based, loyal, discounts and wandering. Identify the traits of your existing customer base, and put them in one of these boxes. Accordingly, you can create different campaigns for each subgroup, in order to maximize chances of conversions. Analysis plays a huge role in online marketing today.
These are some fundamental tips on online marketing that can help your business. By following them and optimizing your campaigns, you can aim higher growth.