The way in which we write content has changed vastly over the past few decades, and the trends keep on changing. However, there are some simple guidelines that should be followed in order to write good quality content. Content writing expert David Justin Urbas has some basic guidelines that anyone can implement to improve their content quality. Let’s have a look below.
Key Content Writing Tips to Follow for Online Content
* Write for the user – It is important to keep your target audiences in mind while writing content. Based on what you are communicating, your content should convey the right messages. User friendly content will help you rank higher on search engine result pages. It is also an assured way of keeping people on your pages for longer duration. Do not include any details that are unnecessary.
* Call to actions are important – If you are writing blogs or list articles for business promotion, it is important to include sufficient call to actions. A piece of content that fails to influence people to take action is ineffective. If that content is good quality but does not have the right call to actions, people are less likely to click and follow through. That is why text links to websites, or buttons should have engaging content.
* Make them want to read – The engagement of content affects the way readers perceive it. It is important to write direct and engaging content, which appeals to the reader. At the same time it should be thoroughly informative to be useful.
* Present it well – Huge paragraphs look clumsy and readers can get lost within your pages. So keep your paragraphs short and crisp. Sentences should also be as short as possible. Most of your readers have short attention spans today. So difficult to read content can push them away from whatever you have to say.
* Mobile friendly – Content that is posted online has to be mobile friendly, especially if you are writing for the promotion of a business. Mobile screens are smaller but most people are using them to gain information about businesses, and making purchases. So it is crucial to write content in a style that is presentable on mobile devices.
* Social content should be brief and catchy – Most brands are now focusing on social media channels in order to gain leads. The competition is too high, and one cannot survive without catchy social content. The writing of your social posts, about us sections, and offer taglines should be entertaining enough, to influence users to click.
* Check grammar – There are several reputed grammar checking websites where you can detect grammar mistakes. All you need to do is paste your written content there, and the mistakes will be pointed out. Them you can make the necessary adjustments. The importance of grammar checks is quite high, as webpages with silly grammatical errors might not rank well.
* Know the type of content – Writing styles and approaches are quite different for different types of content. For instance, you would follow different writing styles for blogs, articles, social posts, press releases and academic content. It is advisable to study the norms of each writing style, before you go ahead and take any writing projects.
By implementing these simple tips, you can improve the quality and efficiency of your writing. If you require help with writing online content, you can get in touch with a writing expert.