A website is an online representation of what your business stands for and the messages it wants to convey to the masses. Hence it has to have quality content that is simple to grasp and interesting at the same time. A webpage without useful content can make potential customers leave your site as soon as they get there. Quality website content is quite necessary in order to retain traffic, and move potential customers towards purchase decisions.
It is natural for business owners to be clueless about writing content and that is understandable. Here are some integral website content writing tips from renowned writer David Justin Urbas that can be applied in 2017. By implementing them into your webpage content, you can witness better engagement. Let us take a look –
7 Key Website Content Writing Guidelines in 2017
1. Create value with words – Words and lots of words do not mean much, until you can create value with them. The content on your home, about us and service pages must all be valuable to target audiences. Only then will be convinced to try your products and services. Try to keep your page content direct and engaging.
2. Limit the length – Most audiences visit thousands of websites across the Internet today and also view them on mobile devices. As a result, they tend to have low attention spans and may ignore content that is too lengthy and less readable. So keep your sentences and paragraphs short and crisp. Your readers will thank you for it and actually pay attention to your information.
3. Do not write for search rankings – This is one of the most common mistakes made by numerous business websites. We still come across websites with stuffed keywords and pushy sales pitch type language. Instead of writing to achieve search engine rankings, write content that can be quite useful to your readers. Eventually, your site will be considered to be available by the search engines.
4. Avoid grammar and spelling mistakes – These are inexcusable as they always were. You cannot publish a web page content without checking it thoroughly, Any grammar or spelling mistakes within the content can create an instant negative impression, as soon as readers notice them. There are a lot of online tools that allow instant check of grammar and spelling.
5. Write with authority – When you are talking about a product or service and trying to promote it through content, do it with authority. Make people trust the brand and generate interest for what it has to offer. Powerful content has the ability to boost the conversion potential of businesses. If you are beating around the bush, people are certain to lose interest.
6. Focus on headings – Who would want to read a webpage if the title and headings are not interesting at all? This is something that all writers must pay heed to. Try to come up with unique headings that will grab the attention of even casual browsers.
These are some of the most basic content writing tips that can be utilized while creating content for websites.