Home security is one of the biggest concerns for anyone who owns a property and cannot observe it the entire day. A home that is not secure can be a prey of burglars, thieves, vandals and other dangerous criminals. Having fully functional locks is sometimes not enough to ensure complete security for your home. There are many more integral steps one can take to beef up overall home safety. Renowned security consultant Justin Urbas works with thousands of home and small businesses across the USA. He has some key tips that can be implemented to improve one’s residential security.
Home Security Tips To Boost Security.
1. Make use of infrared lights – Burglars are now adept in immobilizing home security and low visibility is their friend. Infrared motion sensing lights are a great way of catching them in the act, and having proof or the crime. Try installing infrared lights in all corners and leading up to your door or driveway. These are effective modern security tools.
2. Install CCTV cameras – CCTV cameras are one of the most popular tools that every home should have. However, just having one or two cameras outside is not nearly enough. CCTVs must be installed t every corner of your interiors, including corridors, stairways, living room, garage, and kitchen. A sturdy modern CCTV system can help in deterring major crimes.
3. Get the latest alarm systems – An outdated alarm system creates a false impression of stable home security. The more outdated the system, the large are the chances of criminals surpassing them. Current alarm systems have advanced features which offer comprehensive protection for every corner of a property.
4. Get alerts on your phone – Alarms, intercom systems and CCTVs can all send live or record feeds to your phone through certain applications. If you do not know how to set up such feeds, get in touch with security professionals. Regardless of where you are, you can keep an eye on every corner of your home. This is an example of the convenience of modern security technology.
5. Be wary of salesmen – You get a knock on your door and let a stranger in, and then all hell breaks loose. Criminals dressed as salesmen, repairmen etc., have been responsible for many home crimes in recent times. If someone claims to be from a certain company, call to confirm with that organization, before you go ahead and open the door. Same goes for people claiming to be from government or civic authorities.
6. Report suspicious activities fast – If you notice anything quite unusual, it is important to stay alert. It might be an unknown car stopping outside every night, or someone who keeps roaming around suspiciously, or anything that is out of the ordinary. Report such incidents to local law enforcement agencies, and have them take a look. It might just be a coincidence, but who knows?
These are some very fundamental home security tips that can ensure better protection for your property, assets and family.