The education of children during their formative years is of utmost importance as it directly affects their future. This is something that parents need to understand and act upon. Simply choosing a good school for enrolling children is just a small step. Proper and fruitful education is a process that involves a lot of effort and decision making on the child’s part. Renowned education consultant David Justin Urbas has many years of experience in helping parents make the right choices for their children’s education. Let us look at some of his views about the education of children.
Why Child Education Has Always Been An Important Area of Focus
1. Improving their skills – A child who is old enough for preschool actually starts observing and learning about its surroundings since their infant phase. But that is not enough to develop their crucial skills like reading, writing, language, speaking, and interactions with the outside world. Basic education goes a long way in helping young children.
2. Learning ability – The methods used by preschool teachers focus on improving the learning ability of young children. Thinking, memory and attention development are quite important for every person. It is important to encourage and nurture these basic human abilities. Children who do not receive proper education during their early growing years, experience regressive cognitive skills.
3. The only option – Let us think of it in a very straightforward manner. There are no alternatives to decent basic education for children. They cannot possibly grow and survive in the world today without acquiring the skills needed, from an early age. Lack of education can be dangerous to a child’s fate, and leave them at a huge disadvantage.
4. Nurturing social skills – Humans are social animals and that has played a significant role in our evolutionary process. That is a truth which will never change. Our children need to be social too, in the company of other children and adults. Providing them with quality classroom education from a very early age, is a great way of nurturing their social skills. Social interactions play a pivotal role in the development of our interactive and personality skills. Those are assets every human being needs to utilize throughout their lives.
5. Make them self sufficient adults – Child education is quite important in setting children up for a secure and self sufficient way of life. Right from the nursery years, up until graduation and beyond, it is a process that must be respected and worked upon. Without a strong base of primary education, children can struggle to gain professional success and stability. Nursery education is crucial, if you want your child to be good at any of the grades that are to come.
6. Improve goal seeking skills – All of us set a target in our lives, whether it relates to education, professional careers, businesses or standard of living. A competitive (yet fun) environment encourages learning, and improves the goal seeking skills of children. This is crucial for them later, when they are faced with the task of gaining a college degree, or getting hired by a top company.
These are some of the important reasons that children need proper and systematic school education. Getting in touch with an education consultant can help you get an idea bout the best education options for your child.